Effective immediately, Duke is postponing, cancelling or virtualizing any Duke-sponsored in-person event taking place on-campus or off-campus between now and May 7. This includes recruitment events, tours, student programs, reunions, performances, conferences and social events.
If you are planning an event with fewer than 50 people, we ask you to consider the following questions to determine whether your programs should also be cancelled or rescheduled:
- Will the program be in close quarters or require considerable personal interaction?
- Are any attendees scheduled to stay in personal homes?
- Are participants coming from locations with high infection rates?
- Will a significant number of attendees be in high-risk categories, including individuals over the age of 60?
- Is there elevated risk to staff who will help prepare for your event, serve your guests and clean up afterward?