The following information was emailed to all DKU Medical Physics Graduate Students on February 1, 2020 from the Faculty and Staff of the Medical Physics Program
As you know, the DKU campus will be closed until further notice, because of the coronavirus. Please regularly check your DKU email for the latest and official news on developments.
To the year-1 students:
- In the week of February 3, we will provide remote lectures in the course Radiation Protection (510K).
- If there are technical difficulties, we will work with you to reschedule as needed or to provide recorded materials that can be viewed at your convenience.
- Homework assignments and other learning materials will be provided in the courses Radiation Therapy Physics (520K) and Diagnostic Imaging (530K).
- Your instructors will contact you via email to provide question and answer sessions, feedback on homework, and other interactions.
- In the week of February 10, remote lectures will also begin in Radiation Therapy Physics (520K) and Diagnostic Imaging (530K).
- The seminar series will resume February 11 if IT issues can be addressed and will otherwise resume February 18.
To the year-2 students:
- Please continue to emphasize completion of your MS thesis projects. We will work with The Graduate School to address any special provisions that may be needed for your thesis defense.
- For coursework, your instructors will be in contact by email to provide materials and schedules for Advanced Radiation Therapy Procedures (723K), Clinical Practicum (728K), and Frontiers in Biomedical Sciences(770K), and for the seminar series.
We will continue with remote teaching this semester for as long as the campus is closed.
- Classes will be held during the week of March 9-13, which was originally scheduled as a Spring Break.
- These class sessions will be utilized to make up for the classes missed during the week of February 3rd.
- There may also be MS thesis defenses scheduled during this week.
The last day of classes will be April 23.
- For year-1 students, reading days will be April 24-29, the Qualifying Exam will be Thursday, April 30, and course final exams will be May 3-5.
- Year-2 students will follow the original DKU spring semester calendar, with reading days April 24-27 and course final exams April 28-30.
Please take good care of your health. Your health, education, and well-being are all very important to us. We look forward to working with you in the weeks ahead.